Thursday, November 21, 2013

How Healthy Is Your Heart?


Psalm 51:10
Create in me a new clean heart, O God,
filled with clean thoughts and right desires.
Ram, one of our beloved Glory Haus employees, thought he had food poisoning - and after going to the Urgent Care facility, was rushed to the hospital by ambulance as he was having a heart attack. This type of heart attack is often mistaken for food poisoning and is referred to as the “widow maker,” because people don’t often survive.

One of Ram’s main arteries was 99% blocked. Fortunately, he was immediately taken into surgery and doctors were able to insert a stint and save his life. He and many others, including the doctors, truly believe it was a miracle that he survived.

Ram’s experience has prompted many Glory Haus folks to get their hearts checked to ensure they are healthy and to be proactive so that blockages might be found early enough to avoid a life threatening situation.

In reflecting on Ram’s situation, it is as if God was telling us to not only check our physical heart, but also our spiritual heart. Even though God knows our hearts inside and out, it takes courage to willingly let God examine our hearts and be open to His pointing out “blockages” or impurities that keep us from being all that He has created us to be, and doing all that He has created us to do. 

It is our prayer at Glory Haus that we are all Grateful in this holiday season and open our hearts to God. He is the Master Physician. He can touch the broken places in your heart and bring healing if you will allow him access. He longs to heal your heart and make you whole.

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts.
Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 

By a special guest of Glory Haus:


I was completely and unexpectedly blessed yesterday at Glory Haus. After the prayer time I walked over to Ram to find out how he was doing after his recent health issues, and to let him know our family had been praying for him. But before I knew it, he was calling names of men to come and "bless this lady" with prayer. In a matter of seconds I felt like I was surrounded by warriors ready to battle on my behalf. 

I was amazed by the willingness of these people, who didn't know anything about me, to come and pray over me. They came so quickly when Ram called. But beyond that, I was amazed and surprised by the incredible words of wisdom, discernment, and encouragement that they spoke to me and over me. It took me by such surprise that I could not hold back my tears. I was just soaking in every second of God's love and grace that was prayed over me by these wonderful Glory Haus workers.
Even the following day, I'm still remembering bits and pieces of what God spoke to my heart and soul when my only expectation was to give a helping hand. I suspect that this precious blessing it is going to continue for months to come. 


No comments: