For the second year, we had the pleasure of hosting a live simulcast of Leadercast Marietta, a conference to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership. The day was filled with inspirational presentations by world-renowned leaders including Malcolm Gladwell, Bill McDermott, Laura Schroff, Henry Cloud, and Andy Stanley. Leaders from around the world gathered with eagerness to be motivated and learn how to make a positive influence on others. And one of our favorite parts was that together we raised funds for GRACEPOINT School, a Christian school specializing in serving students with dyslexia.
We’d like to share a few highlights and quotes from the day that can be looked back on and used inspire you on days of struggle or difficulty. Some of these are quotes that attendees connected with and wrote down as their favorite part of the day.
- “Refuse to make decisions that other people can make. Make as few decisions as possible; empower others to make good decisions.” - Andy Stanley
- “Ask: What can I do for you?” - Andy Stanley
- “It needs to be beyond you and not just about you.” - Andy Stanley
- “The value of a life is always measured by how much of it was given away.” - Andy Stanley
- “Build influence with trust. The people you lead should feel connected to you.” - Henry Cloud
- “Leaders who have influence that goes past themselves are able to give up control and they help define what another person needs to control.” - Henry Cloud
- “Those you lead should feel like you would do anything for them.” - Henry Cloud
- “Good leaders listen and lead in the interest of all.” - Desmond Tutu
- “A person is a person because of persons. You wouldn’t be you without others.” - Desmond Tutu
- “Laughing together is an important part of leadership.” - Andrew Fillingim
- “Use the things you didn’t want to happen to make change.” - Laura Bush
- “We are the heroes that can change the world.” - Randall Wallace
- “Treat others with dignity and they give it right back to you.” - Bill McDermott
Leadercast left us all feeling motivated and ready to make our positive footprint on the world. Take a look at our Facebook page for a photo album of the day.
Mark your calendars for next year’s Leadercast on May 8, 2015. The theme of the conference will be “The Brave Ones,” focusing on a posture of unrelenting boldness. Bring your colleagues and friends -- it’s a great opportunity for team bonding!
What are your favorite leadership quotes? Comment below and share with us!